Featured Can someone help me with my brooches? Thank you in advance!

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Flower, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Flower

Flower Member

Dear members of the Antiquers forum,

About a month or two ago I've bought three brooches, they can be seen down below. I would like to know more about these brooches like age, country of origin, background information etc. The woman I've bought the golden with black in the center and purple brooch from said that they were from the 70's, can someone confirm that for me? Any information about these three brooches are welcome! Thank you in advance! (English is not my native language, so ignore the mistakes :) )
    IMG-300.jpg

IMG-3004.JPG

IMG-3009.JPG

2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Welcome yo the Forum, Flower! You’ve done a great job on your photos, but pictures of the backs would be helpful. Include close-ups of any marks. :)
    Don’t worry about mistakes, this is an international forum.

3. Flower

Flower Member

Thank you I need help! I will post a picture of the backs and their marks :)

4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi and WELCOME to Antiquers, Flower!!! Great pictures so far!!! And your English seems perfectly fine, so don't worry about it!!!! Others will be along to help more... just be sure your images are under 1 MB!!!

Christmasjoy, Bronwen, Flower and 2 others like this.
  5. Flower

Flower Member

Good to hear! :)

Christmasjoy and Bronwen like this.
  6. Flower

Flower Member

Hello everyone,

Here are to pictures of their backs and their marks

IMG-3013.JPG

IMG-3011.JPG

IMG-3012.JPG

The closure of this brooch is a little curved, but it is still closable.

IMG-3016.jpg
    There's a little spot on the back, maybe it's a little rust. But I have actually no idea

IMG-3018.jpg

There's a little white line next to the center.

IMG-3020.jpg
    Next to the gold there are black spots, but they're discrete.

IMG-3014.JPG
    I'm not sure if this is a mark, but I post it just in case ;)

That was all, I hope that I have helped everyone out!

7. i need help

Just to explain, by marks I meant Maker Marks, like initials or a name. These photos are perfect anyway to show the pin types etc. That was all My Mistake in not being clear. :oops:. The people more familiar with jewelry should be along to help with these. :)

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  8. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Hello, Flower. I'm not one of the experts either. But to me they look earlier than the 1970s, more like 1940s. The first one looks to me like it could have been the decoration on a hat.

9. Flower

Flower Member

It doesn't matter I Need Help :) But sadly I couldn't see any initials or names on the pin.

Christmasjoy, judy and i need help like this.
  10. Flower

Flower Member

Thank you for your information! :)

11. i need help

You did a great job, people will pop in with input as Bronwen did!

12. Flower

Flower Member

Good to hear that! I'm excited! :)

13. i need help

I think your purple one is grapes.

Christmasjoy, judy and Bronwen like this.
  14. Flower

Flower Member

I was thinking the same, if you hold it up in the air you can see that the little beads form a bunch of grapes.

Christmasjoy, Mugzinnys, judy and 2 others like this.
  15. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

They look newer to me, except the velvet one. Someone put a pinback on what was a piece of a hat, looks like. The one with the grapes is odd; it looks like it ought to date from the 50s, but that pinback looks seriously recent. So...dunno.

16. Flower

Flower Member

On the velvet one you can see some glue spots, i couldn't photograph it so well. About the grapes, I thought the same, it seemed the most logical to me that they came from the 1950s. Thank you for your feedback! I really appreciate it :)

Christmasjoy, Mugzinnys and judy like this.
  17. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, Flower.
    Great pictures, and wonderful English. I am Dutch, and the others seem to understand me. Or they just humour me.;) They are very nice.:)

Like Bronwen, I don't know much about costume jewellery, but the grapes brooch looks the oldest to me. Those pre-made all-in-one closures have been around since the 1930s, and I would guess 1930s-40s for that one.

judy, Christmasjoy, Mugzinnys and 2 others like this.
  18. i need help

Flower, on the one with the fabric, if you squeeze near where it’s attachted, does it open and close?

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  19. Flower

Flower Member

Good to hear that my English is good :) The few days I've been here on this forum I already seen very nice people :) Thank you for your information Any Jewelry! I learn new things here everyday!

20. Flower

Flower Member

It doesn't open and close, I think it was very strong glue that they've used ;) Later this day i will post a picture of were the pinback is attached, so that everyone has a better view on it.

judy, Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted