Can the Glassies Look at EAPG cutting and give opinions, pls?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by ola402, Mar 5, 2021.

1. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

I bought this 2 piece cream and sugar (no lid) as a learning set and I thought it was pretty. It bit me a little, turns out it's an Unk by Unk maker, according to EAPGS site. It's still nice and large. But when I took photos of it, I noticed a line that goes through the cutting. I was wondering if someone knows if this was from the cutting tool or what? The cream pitcher measures 7" high and the sugar is 6" high. I wish I could find a lid for it. They're real nice quality pieces. The photos will show the line in the cutting. So any ideas how it got there? TIA!

Reference on EAPGS web site: https://www.eapgs.net/full-images.php?idx=53901&pat=3639

DSCF7642.jpeg DSCF7644.jpeg DSCF7648.jpeg

2. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

If that website cannot identify pattern name/manufacturer, it may not be identifiable.

I recognize having seen the wares, never knew who made it it, now I know why.

3. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

EAPGS says that they have the same look as the unknown maker of the Seashell pattern, an aka for Boswell. I looked at some of those pieces and would agree. Would love to find the spooner for my small collection.

Do you know why the cutting has that thin line between each design? I thought perhaps the tool did not leave the surface of the glass until it was completed. Or that it was placed on the glass to mark where the cuts were to be done. I couldn't see them with the naked eye, just with a camera.

Draft saved Draft deleted