Can you help me date these asian bowls No marks

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by gauntlettgems, Apr 18, 2020.

1. gauntlettgems

gauntlettgems Well-Known Member

FDDA7499-2488-4D9B-B53A-967AA4A1959B_1_201_a.jpeg 6AC35F95-B0E8-4E33-AD48-2AC8DD0B3F1C_1_201_a.jpeg

Hi,

These have a little foot on the bottom and they are 5 3/8" in diameter What would they be used for? I can only think finger bowls but I think that is wrong Do you think they are older? Chinese, Japanese? Any help is very much appreciated

Thank you!

2. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

I would say pretty recently made

Fid and Christmasjoy like this.
  3. gauntlettgems

Dern, ty

Christmasjoy likes this.
  4. Silver Wolf

Silver Wolf Well-Known Member

i think it have japanese colour style of kutani probably,i've seen it somewhere in ebay from japanese seller,it could be vintage of 1960-1970's,and if you could provide more detail pic of the bottom and the bowl it would be nice to identified further,:angelic:

5. Silver Wolf

after checking my japanese collection,i'm sure 100% yours are considered as japanese imari not kutani,the colour,the symbol everything just right as japanese imari,good luck!

gauntlettgems and Bakersgma like this.
  6. gauntlettgems

Not very old, right? ty @Silver Wolf

7. Silver Wolf

yes i thought so,probably 2nd half of 20th century,imo

gauntlettgems likes this.
  8. gauntlettgems

Thank you very much!

Silver Wolf likes this.