Can you identify this glass? Art Deco? Value?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by KristiefromPrague, Apr 4, 2022.

1. KristiefromPrague

KristiefromPrague New Member

IMG-20220404-WA0019.jpg Height: 14 cm without lid
    Weight: 0,71 kg
    It is not clear glass, quite thic.

IMG-20220404-WA0014.jpg

Bottom of the glass is a little bulging. There is written France and down below is what I presume to be an L letter, although it rather resembles number 7.

There are some scratches, some very small and not deep holes. And since I only want to sell this piece, I know nothing about glass, I would like to get your opinion on this particular item. It has no lid. There should be one, I am quite sure. Is the value lower significantly if the piece is missing its other part, the lid? And as a complete amateur, would you call it carafe? And can this be art Deco? On ebay they sell I presume the exactly same item and it's art Deco. It costed 200 euro, the complete piece.

Thank you for your opinions. I would appreciate your knowledges much higher than mine. ​

Attached Files:

judy likes this.
  2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

It's moulded, probably made by Durand, and fifties or later. The number will be capacity.

I honestly can't imagine why someone thinks it's worth 200 euro though.

komokwa, Darkwing Manor and judy like this.
  3. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

judy, komokwa and Darkwing Manor like this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

please , only use Ebay SOLD items , as an idea of value....;)
    and even then.....don't believe everything u read...:(
    except here.....of course !!:happy::happy::happy:

5. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Not Art Deco :)

judy likes this.
  6. Born2it

Born2it Well-Known Member

Welcome Kristie! Prague holds so many good memories for me- a beautiful place, with interesting, tough, and resourceful people!

I want to reinforce and emphasize a previous post. What someone is asking for an item is NOT a good way to find out what it is actually worth, and what they say it is may not be correct either. Checking “sold” listings on EBay is a pretty good guide, but only the items where the price it actually sold for is listed.

People (especially if they have many of a thing) will post one online for sale at ridiculously high prices or best offer, then buy the item themselves for very little. It will show as having sold for that price, but the best offer might have been a dollar for an item listed for $1500 or best offer.

judy likes this.
  7. KristiefromPrague

KristiefromPrague New Member

Thanks to everyone! I was challenged by my boyfriend to look up everything about this item and you guys were the most helpful. Even though our stuff is a worthless piece of glass.

Have a good day!

Kristie

Draft saved Draft deleted