Can you tell me anything about these little shoes?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Dave D, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Dave D

Dave D Active Member

20200306_091454.jpg P1040878 (3).JPG P1040881 (3).JPG P1040879 (3).JPG P1040880 (1).JPG Another thing I inherited that I know nothing about. There is no writing or marks on them at all. If they came from another country it would most likely be Holland. I'm not sure if this is porcelain or china. The shoes are just under 3 inches long. Thanks for any replies! 20200306_091454.jpg

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
    Any Jewelry likes this.
  2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

They look like little souvenir or trinket items.
    Small shoes were a popular thing to collect. Some date to the late 1800s.

I don't think yours have much age. I'm guessing 1950s/60s. Possibly Japan and the paper labels are gone. If they were from Germany, they most likely would have been stamped.

You say possibly Holland, why? Because they are clogs with tulips? Did the person you inherited them from travel there? Still could have been made in Japan and sold in Holland as tourist items.

Keep in mind the above is only my opinion.
    Wait for others to give more info.

3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Both refer to the same material. Porcelain is more correct, less confusing.
    They are very cute.
    Agree. Most Dutch souvenirs are manufactured somewhere else.:rolleyes:

komokwa, clutteredcloset49 and judy like this.
  4. Dave D

Dave D Active Member

I said Holland because my great grandfather came from Holland {with my two year old grandfather in tow} in 1893. I have lots of Dutch themed things but the only one I am sure is from Holland is the "dress" my grandfather wore on the boat.

Draft saved Draft deleted