Featured Cape Cod Flea Markets- have you ever sold there?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Mill Cove Treasures, May 22, 2019.

1. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

My neighbor asked me if I wanted to try selling at these flea markets on the Cape.
    Sandwich on Wednesdays and Saturdays and Sundays. The Mattapoisett Flea Markets on Tuesdays. Was it worth it? Did you make decent money? We would be going the end of June.

Last year I tried two different flea markets but not on the Cape. The first, I didn't even make my entry fee back. The second I made $100 but for all the work involved and how much stuff was left over, it really wasn't worth it. I'd appreciate any feedback or advice about the Cape flea markets. Thank you! :)

2. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

I don't sell at those markets, but I do shop at one. The Wednesday flea in Sandwich is a dealers picker market, especially early in the season. If you have things to sell to buyers rather than dealers July and August are better. If you have antiques and you want to get rid of stuff then maybe Wednesday would be for you.

The Sandwich market is also on Sunday (they do not do Saturday). I don't know how that one is because weekends I am selling at the Wellfleet Flea Market. I can ask a few friends for you and see if they know how it is.

I have been selling at the Wellfleet Flea for 6 years now and every time I think I have figured out how to tell if it's going to be a good day, I am wrong! In 2017, every Saturday but 1 was better for me than the Sundays. In 2018 it was the exact opposite. So I just go every weekend. Sometimes I have an $800 day, sometimes a $100 day.

Yes it's a lot of work and very discouraging on those $100 days, but I have made some very good friends there, I get to sit outside all day under my tent and read a good book if it's slow. I'm always trying to look on the bright side ;)

3. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I wish I lived closer so I could visit.

4. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

Thank you Marie. That's helpful. Wellfleet brought back some great memories. Many years ago, my friend had a summer home in South Yarmouth. We would go to Wellfleet several times every summer as buyers. We always found interesting things and everyone was friendly which made it a fun day. She passed away 13 years ago so it has been at least that long since I've gone.

If we wanted to do Wellfleet now, we would have to leave no later than 4 a.m. :eek: Since I'm still recuperating, I think that would be too much for me. My neighbor might be interested though.

5. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

The Wellfleet flea is not what is was years ago unfortunately. Fortunately for me, it is the next town over so it is very easy for me to get there, that is why I do that instead of Sandwich.

But if I were coming as far as you I would find something else!

Mill Cove Treasures likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted