Caribbean (?) Painting

Discussion in 'Art' started by 2manybooks, Jan 29, 2020.

1. 2manybooks

2manybooks Well-Known Member

It is probably a long shot, but I am hoping someone can work their magic in tracking down information on this painting or artist. Signed "Ivan / 04". I know - it's not much to go on. There is nothing written on the back. Found in a thrift store, with no context. Approximately 12 x 12". My impression is that it might be Cuban, Haitian, or somewhere else in the Caribbean (with the tropical fruit and cigar). Thanks. Haitian painting market woman 1 front (800x745).jpg Haitian painting market woman (640x480).jpg Haitian painting market woman back (800x760).jpg

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

A caricature. Caribbean very likely. But don't see anything that would help distinguish the artist's location beyond the fact that it's Spanish-speaking given his name, Iván. Only three choices... Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic and Cuba. Given cigar, I'd suspect Cuba.

Debora

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    2manybooks, Christmasjoy and blooey like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted