Carmelita Cardosa .925 mexico silver necklace puzzle linked 7.5 ounces with 20 large opals.

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Carmelita Cardosa, Jun 1, 2021.

1. Carmelita Cardosa

Carmelita Cardosa New Member

Hello,
    I just found this website. Kinda stumbled upon it. Looking for answer's on a similar piece I saw on bing search. I sell on Poshmark and have been selling for a few years. I am learning as I go. So I am always searching the web for answers. Thank you for allowing me in your community. I will post the piece I am trying to find information on. Hope you all have a great day :) https://poshmark.com/listing/Stunni...-of-opals-and-silver-60b526d1f470e2182d2cd5c0

Thank you in advance if you have any information on this piece. :D

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
    Any Jewelry likes this.
  2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Moved to Jewelry

3. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

What is it you are trying to find out?

Any Jewelry likes this.
  4. DizzyDaff

DizzyDaff Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.

@Carmelita Cardosa
    Are you looking for info on the necklace in your link? The opal & sterling from Mexico? I don't know anything, but that latch/fastener is pretty unusual. Gorgeous piece!
    Have you checked the back of each piece of it for other marks?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
  5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Looks like glass opal to me rather than precious opal. The sterling marks look legit but I wouldn't throw that sort of money at it until @Ownedbybear or @Any Jewelry got a good look. I'm no opal expert, but I've seen a lot of glass and synthetic ones in Mexican jewelry and few if any real ones.

6. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

The stones look wrong for genuine opal to me too.

Any Jewelry and kyratango like this.
  7. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

8. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

The stones are typical for Mexican jewelry. Foil glass "opals", not precious opals but glass stones made to mimic precious opals.

9. Hamburger

Hamburger Absolute Beginner

It's still not quite clear what OP is trying to find out. They wrote in KikoBlueEyes's older thread (here) that they have "just purchased" the necklace, but their link is to an item currently being offered for sale by "Carmelita @ccardosa0330" with a description that includes "opal stones".

Given what people who know about these things have written in both threads, OP might want to consider a more cautious approach to marketing this piece.

10. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Late to the party.

Glass.

reader and komokwa like this.
  11. reader

reader Well-Known Member

IMO the price is an insult for glass although great had it been opal. The design reminds me of a love child of Pineda and Martinez. Pretty piece.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  12. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I agree with all of the above.
    Really lovely necklace, but that price!:jawdrop::stop:
    :oops::oops::oops:

Pattywithay and reader like this.
  13. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Definitely agree. I respect that anyone can ask anything for their items regardless of being realistic of value but what they cannot do is to misrepresent what they’re selling on the internet and if that is a Mexican costume piece (although it is set in sterling and is very attractive) the description needs to be changed. IMO half would be a healthy price and I know we’re not supposed to discuss values so let me know if I should delete that statement.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
Draft saved Draft deleted