Featured Cartier Art Deco like Desk Clock

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by gerspee, Jun 8, 2019.

1. gerspee

gerspee Well-Known Member

Own this clock and trying to get more information about the used materials . So contacted Cartier but the don't give or have any information because it's out off there cataloque :banhappy:

But looking every where on the net but can't find any exact info about this clock . Different auction houses are gyving different descryptions :bear:

So would like to know the price when new and the used metal with or without the sort off gilding if done etc .And when made and how many and your idea about the value now . It's a battery operated clock IMG_0605 (Medium).JPG IMG_0606 (Medium).JPG IMG_0603 (Medium).JPG IMG_0604 (Medium).JPG

judy, KSW and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

3. kyratango

4. kyratango

5. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

JMHO. probably the remnants of a full desk set. the normal 2748 ones were full-chrome polished. I don't see more than 200 € in the heart of Europe. battery driven stuff is constantly falling in price.

judy likes this.
  6. gerspee

gerspee Well-Known Member

The white metal is what the call it everywhere but I have read somewhere on the net that it it could be gilded with Palladium or the case is from with this metal . And that would explain the high new value from these Cartier desk clocks maybe ? I.am trying to find out the reason off the high value off this clock so only the name Cartier would be enough ?

Draft saved Draft deleted