Carved Wood Wax Seal-Stamp With Magnetic Cover-Help??

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by SPERLS, Jun 30, 2019.

1. SPERLS

SPERLS sperls

I have tried to find anything similar to this..The stamp is current...The carving is well done...Age??. ..The cover is also wood....The stamp & cover attach magnetically...3-1/4" tall...Any help appreciated!! CIMG1586.JPG CIMG1584.JPG CIMG1588.JPG CIMG1590.JPG CIMG1587.JPG CIMG1581.JPG

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

What "The stamp is current..." mean? And what does it read? I see David somethin'.

Debora

SPERLS and komokwa like this.
  3. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

Hmm, I must be in a wild-eyed-guess mood this afternoon but . . . wouldn't it be interesting if judges for dog shows carried wooden stamps like that for when they judged and then selected certain dogs as "winners" (like an "additional" stamp of approval")???? ;)

Fid and komokwa like this.
  4. SPERLS

SPERLS sperls

CIMG1593.JPG

5. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

Please forget anything I have said on this if you have been so unfortunate as to see what I said. ;) :eek: :rolleyes: :wacky:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
    Aquitaine and SPERLS like this.
  6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

The circle is sure to contain name in translation but what language? Dunno. Someone else will though.

Debora

SPERLS likes this.
  7. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

8. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

The center looks like the name in another language. It's not Arabic ... Sanskrit? It's not Hebrew and sure isn't Chinese.

SPERLS likes this.
  9. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Here's what I came up with, but who what knows the purpose may be????? I just kept rotating the image until something came up in the middle that looked readable!! So here goes....the outer edges are the easy part......
    David Duffie.....then you can see and read pretty much the rest, I think....it looks like E underlined ONCE, N underlined TWICE with a dot; below that looks like it says- 1st (not sure about the 't', then a C underlined ONCE......that's the best I came up with......could it have anything to do with the breed of dog that's carved??? And @evelyb30 may be right too......it may not even be English!!!!!!! I'll check tomorrow what you all come up with....gotta get my "beauty" rest!!!!!

ZZZZZZ  CIMG1593-23.jpg

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
    SPERLS likes this.
  10. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

EN 1st C[ompany?] A military gentleman would make sense.

Aquitaine and SPERLS like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted