Cased Glass Perfume Bottle - questions

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by KikoBlueEyes, Dec 8, 2019.

1. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

When I looked at the bottom of this small cased glass perfume bottle that is white on the inside and transparent pink outside, I wasn't sure if there was a slight-indented, smoothed pontil mark or a mold mark, so I thought I would bring it home and ask you all. I think it is hand painted because the roses are slightly different and there are some end of a brush stroke marks on some of the leaves. But this could also be wishful thinking on my part, :):):):) so I provided some closeups so you could help me determine whether it is hand painted or hand blown. The bottle is 5 1/4 inches high. Also any comments about age? If @bercrystal could look that would be awesome, though all opinions and comments will
    be greatly appreciated.

IMG_4587.jpg IMG_4589.jpg IMG_4590.jpg IMG_4595.jpg IMG_4592.jpg IMG_4593.jpg IMG_4596.JPG IMG_4598.JPG IMG_4597.JPG

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    judy likes this.
  2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Not a mark, I'd say. That looks Czech/Bohemian and not long after WW2. Hand embellished, blown into a mould.

aaroncab, judy, Sandra and 2 others like this.
  3. KikoBlueEyes

Wonderful news. Thank you very much for the quick reply and the great information.

Ownedbybear and judy like this.
  4. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I am thinking West Germany 60's to 80's & sold by Irice.

The first link below has the similar cased glass as your bottle.

The second link is the same as a set I have, but mine is in blue. It is shown in the early 1960's catalog. It has the same cased glass effect as your bottle. Mine has a West Germany sticker on both bottles.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/IRICE-PERF...411593?hash=item5474895ac9:g:YNEAAOSwTmRdXKm7

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-W-...233594?hash=item3fd1b4e7ba:g:H-MAAOSwt-Bd0a8o

aaroncab, judy, Sandra and 2 others like this.
  5. KikoBlueEyes

I knew you would have one! If it
    was anything nice. So much great information. I’ll have to study on it
    When I get back home. You are terrific!

judy and bercrystal like this.
  6. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

I would not call it pink milk glass, it looks like cased glass, white inside and transparent pink outside. Pink milk glass would be opaque pink, no layers.

Sweet piece :)

7. KikoBlueEyes

edited. Thank you. I want to become more precise and to use the correct descriptive terms

judy likes this.
  8. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Kiko,
    Wonderful photographs by the way!!!!
    greg

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  9. KikoBlueEyes

Greg Thank you. It's this iPhone X. Kiko

10. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member