Cased glass vase '50s-60s? Enameled flowers. White on white. Mid-century modern MCM?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by moreotherstuff, Sep 10, 2014.

1. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Any thoughts on who or when for this glass vase? Maybe ‘50s or ‘60s? It’s made of cased glass – an inner layer of opaque white with an outer layer of satin finished clear. The exterior is hand enameled and gilded. It stands about 8 ¾” high, and measures nearly 3” across the ground and polished top rim, 3” across the foot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

tyeldom3 likes this.
  2. spirit-of-shiloh

spirit-of-shiloh Well-Known Member

It looks like Lefton?

3. spirit-of-shiloh

HUMM! The more I study your vase the more I wonder? It has the same flowers as some of my Lefton vases but also has the bohemian flowers I see on vases yet it does not look bohemian...in other words...I am no help....sorry.:cool:

4. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

At least you looked. Thanks.

spirit-of-shiloh likes this.
  5. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

I think 1970s or later.
    Possibly Italian or Japanese. Sorry, I can't be more specific

6. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

That's probably about as specific as it's possible to get.

7. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

I agree with Pat.

8. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

9. LeftonGuy

LeftonGuy Well-Known Member

I have a fairly extensive collection of Lefton glass and references for it. I do not think it is Lefton, for sure not Lefton from before 1976. It is too nice for Lefton to be honest (saying that because it is cased and with white gold and pink colors, just to nice for Lefton).

Lefton sold tons of glass along with their ceramics - many were not marked Lefton (especially their Italian glass, making my avatar a fairly rare Lefton sticker).

10. spirit-of-shiloh

I thought Lefton as it looks a bit like this one on eBay. I have one with raised flower decoration. Of course OP's is cased. PS The cobalt shown is mine,the eBay vase has a similar gold timmed base. phpihmu7wPM.jpg phpbeZWCkPM.jpg

11. LeftonGuy

Glass like the above was made in green, blue (cobalt), and purple in Japan and appears in only the 1966-69 Lefton dealer catalogues. I will attempt to post a picture of the catalogue page when I have more time later today.

12. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

13. LeftonGuy

Greetings to George.

From 1968 lefton dealer catalogue --

[​IMG]

14. spirit-of-shiloh

Thank you, I see my vase :)

15. LeftonGuy

You are welcome. #4103 I believe.

Thought I better add - my photo above was photoshopped a bit to make it clearer and brighter.

Photo hosted on tinypic.com -<http://i58.tinypic.com/11sctjc.jpg> if it interests.

Draft saved Draft deleted