Cased Glass Vase partial stripes ?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Suzy60us, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Suzy60us

Suzy60us Well-Known Member

This bulb shaped vase is 6" High, 4.5" Diameter at widest. It looks like someone painted blades of grass on it. However it is cased glass, with a polished pontil. How would you describe the design? Any ideas who made it or where it was made? DSC05803.JPG DSC05804.JPG

2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I think it's a rather soft and soothing, both color and shape!! Nice!!!!

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  3. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

Looks Swedish to me. Might be a hyacinth bulb forcing vase. The photo of the pontil kind of looks like there might be an acid etched mark or signature? Might just be a smudge but thought I would ask.

4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

This is the best I can bring up that mark............

X2DSC05804-edit.JPG

i need help likes this.
  5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

The top opening is way too narrow for an effective hyacinth forcing vase.

Aquitaine likes this.
  6. Suzy60us

Suzy60us Well-Known Member

Thank You for all of your comments.
    The opening diameter is 1.5" too small for a bulb. Even with a strong magnifier I cannot find a signature to read. The photo does look like a signature. Someday I might be able to identify it.

Draft saved Draft deleted