Featured Cased Glass Vase, Pink over White, with Lattice Pattern

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by LoveTheHunt!, Feb 27, 2019.

1. LoveTheHunt!

LoveTheHunt! Well-Known Member

Greetings! So, I know this is cased glass, but I am trying to recall whether there is some additional term for this particular style with the lattice design encased in the glass, or who might have made it? (Hopefully someone not in China?)
    The vase is 9-1/4" tall, the pink glass has a satin exterior, while the inside layer appears shiny as seen through the diamond pattern.
    Vase-Pink_Cased_White-Lattice-A.jpg Vase-Pink_Cased_White-Lattice-up.jpg Vase-Pink_Cased_White-Lattice-btm.jpg

2. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

LOVE IT !!! ... Joy. :)

LoveTheHunt! and Bronwen like this.
  3. lvetterli

lvetterli Well-Known Member

Love this vase! I'm really new at Victorian glass but I want to say this looks like some things I've seen attributed to Mt. Washington. Not sure about the way the base is finished, I will definitely defer to those who know a lot more than I!

Linda

4. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

try
    MOP (mother of pearl) DIAMOND QUILTED SATIN CASED GLASS

5. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Don't know whether the term 'latticino' applies.

LoveTheHunt! and Christmasjoy like this.
  6. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

MOP, Mother of Pearl. Most of what is attributed to Mt. Washington was done by Phoenix, ca 1883-6. I'm not sure about this one. Phoenix's diamond usually has a circle of long long diamonds around the base, missing in this one.

7. msgood2shoe

msgood2shoe Well-Known Member

MOP glass was in Italy in the 1960's & 1970's. Here is an article on rose bowls, but other shapes were made. It can be difficult to tell old from repo

http://www.theglassmuseum.com/rosebowls.htm

"latticino" does not apply.

Any Jewelry and LoveTheHunt! like this.
  8. LoveTheHunt!

Yes, I've had a few pieces of Murano "latticino", and it is rather different than this...

9. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

Also, try the term 'air trap'.
    Patd

LoveTheHunt! likes this.
  10. LoveTheHunt!

Definitely good terms, these!

Draft saved Draft deleted