Cast Iron Frying Pan Marked 8 G

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by kraftblue, Jul 18, 2018.

1. kraftblue

kraftblue Well-Known Member

Hoping Someone knows the maker of this pan. 10 3/4" across and 3" deep.
    cast1.JPG cast2.JPG cast3.JPG

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

3. kraftblue

Thanks I Need Help

Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

No clue, but I'd be oiling that up and using it rather than selling it. Old cast iron is the best.

Christmasjoy, Cronker, judy and 2 others like this.
  5. judy

judy Well-Known Member

I agree with you evelyb30. It's all I use.

Christmasjoy and Cronker like this.
  6. kraftblue

This came from a friends house. Used to be his mom's. Truck is full of things that won't really sell.

7. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

Griswold?

Christmasjoy likes this.
  8. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Use it but do not wash it after it's been seasoned. I have my great grandmothers frying pan and it is wonderful except once. I had a good friend spend some some time with us. After I made breakfast I had to go for an appointment. My friend offered to clean up. He did not know anything about cast iron. He scrubbed it with soap and water. He knew I kept it in the oven so when done he put it there. i did not need to use for a week or so and when I took it out it was rusty on the outside and looked strange on the inside. I tried to fry an egg in it. It did not slide around just stuck into a horrible mess. It took three or four reseaonings it before it started to act normal. My friend had scrubbed it with a Brillo pad and lots of soap. All I had ever done was wipe it out with a paper towel.
    greg

9. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Brillo :vomit::vomit::muted::muted::muted::muted::muted: on cast iron. SALT on cast iron if you need to, but Brillo? I've been known to dry my cast iron in the oven if I do have to use water, or can't convince Mom not to, but I turn it ON first unless it's warm already.

judy likes this.
  10. Richard Low

Richard Low Member

i got a dutch oven years ago and made the mistake of washing it and not drying it properly (schoolboy error on my part) it was never the same after that , i ended up scrubbing the life out of it coating it with cooking oil then over the camp fire for a few hours but the damage was already done.

11. Richard Low

Richard Low Member

Came across an american maker of these called Wagner Ware , maybe worth checking out friend.