Casting Replacement Hardware

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Illielee, Feb 12, 2024.

1. Illielee

Illielee Well-Known Member

Curious if anyone here has experience casting replacement resin brasses in silicone molds. I think i know what I need, but any advice would be appreciated.

I've sent pieces out for lost wax in the past, but looking to save money on projects that aren't really worthy of the investment.

2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Interesting idea, so long as resin has sufficient strength. Don't know anything about it, but if you give it a try I hope you will show the results here.

judy, Any Jewelry and Bronwen like this.
  3. Joe in PA

Joe in PA Well-Known Member

Have you looked into 3d printing? I believe you can send them a set of photos taken in a specified way and they can model and print from them. Not sure about the cost though.
    Casting yourself is interesting- choice of the proper resin and possibly additions to strengthen (e.g. fiberglass fibers) would likely be important

judy and Any Jewelry like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted