CE Johansson Tool identification?

Discussion in 'Tools' started by jnota13, Jul 4, 2021.

1. jnota13

jnota13 New Member

Hello, I was hoping someone might be able to help me out. I'm looking to identify what exactly this tool set is. CE Johansson, Ford and 'Dearborn' inscribed on each piece. I've attached pictures. If anyone could help me out I'd appreciate it:) IMG_20210704_211601.jpg IMG_20210704_212323-min.jpg IMG_20210704_212225-min.jpg IMG_20210704_212233-min.jpg

judy likes this.
  2. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

Gauge Block holders/accessories kit.

3. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

Yep - micro adjustment gauge blocks for setting castings? on to set up for inspection. Should be very high precision and may have a good value

komokwa, Aquitaine, sabre123 and 2 others like this.
  4. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Dearborn is the town in Michigan, just outside of Detroit, where Ford is headquartered. There are, or were, not sure, an assembly plant & a steel mill there as well as the offices. The Rouge River runs through it. Rouge (Red) because of the iron from the mill.

komokwa, sabre123 and judy like this.
  5. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Should add that development & design would be/have been there too. Perhaps these are part of that process? My dad was a model maker (full size models for die plates, not miniatures) for GM/Fisher Body & had an assortment of precision tools.

6. David Kiehl

David Kiehl Well-Known Member

I have not seen these used in over 20 years. The industry has gone to digital measuring.

Bronwen likes this.
  7. Lund1942

Lund1942 New Member

8. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
    komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted