"Celluloid" Children's Toys ID please need info

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Jeremy Smith, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Jeremy Smith

Jeremy Smith New Member

Hello all,
    This is my first post about antiques on here and the first set of items I want to bring forward is 3 different items. All three have been identified by an appraiser as "celluloid childrens toys," and they are maybe from the 1930s. I have plans to visit a few antique shops, and have posted to a few other places. What I would like to know is.... as much as anyone is willing to tell me. I have searched "celluloid childrens toys" online but cannot find these toys specifically. Also, appraiser said these items can be worth 50-75$

i need help likes this.
  2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Jeremy, Your photos must be embedded from the gallery to this thread. Click the camera icon.

3. Jeremy Smith

Jeremy Smith New Member

You cant see them now?

i need help likes this.
  4. NewEngland

NewEngland Well-Known Member

There are a couple of similar crib toys on ebay now.
    Vintage Crib Toy Baby Rattle Celluloid Doll Wood Bead Ostrich Bird Lot Unusual

5. Jeremy Smith

Jeremy Smith New Member

Thank you. The facial features and ball and string setup looks similar

Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  6. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

It may not really be the correct term, but a search for 'bakelite bead crib toy' produces many similar looking items.

Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  7. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I use the term crib dangler and doubt very much those are 1930s. From your photographs, I'd date them to the 1950s. (The turquoise and pink one certainly has a colorway from that period.) Also, did you notice the one with the "atomic" triangles is missing an element? That will hurt its value. $50-$75 seems more than a bit ambitious, by way.

Fyi, in the future, it would be most helpful if you first posted photographs of your items full front and back and then any close-ups you think helpful.

Debora

Draft saved Draft deleted