Featured Ceramic brown teapot turban tent England - who dunnit?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by moreotherstuff, Apr 16, 2015.

1. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Well... it makes me think of a tent, or turban. I think it's the cat's pajamas, but it is marked only England. Any idea who made it? It's a standard size: 5 1/4" across the bottom and the same in height.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

That IS the cat's pajamas! :)

3. mymysharona43

mymysharona43 Well-Known Member

My least favorite garage sale adds, up scale and high end (Expensive junque and prices)
    Very Cute up scale pot

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Late 19th C, sort of aesthetic. Neat. Hot water rather than tea: it's far too small for tea and the wrong shape spout. Let me think about maybe makers.

5. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

This is one of those situations, isn't it: a well designed, well made piece that has no ID. As a generic listing, no one would even see it, never mind buy it. You have to be able to stick names on things.

A hot water pot? Never even occurred to me.

6. Ownedbybear

It would sell better in a bricks and mortar, I think. Might be Rockingham or maybe Bourne.

7. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

So is the fat turban part attached to the pot itself? Or is it a separate piece? From the photo it almost looks like it doesn't match the pot but it could just be the light.

tie.dye.cat likes this.
  8. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

It's just the lighting. It's part of the pot.

[​IMG]

say_it_slowly likes this.
  9. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

10. Ownedbybear

Sadler is a possible, too.

11. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Sadler has certainly produced a gajillion different pots, but I know of nothing to say yea or nay to such an attribution. Lots of other English companies also made pots... and some very nice ones.

12. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

It's the Bee's Knee's !

13. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

It's a wonderful shape (unless you have to clean it lol)!

14. Ownedbybear

Denture tablets are your friend.

antidiem likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted