Ceramic Chicken

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by MIRED, Jul 2, 2020.

1. MIRED

MIRED Active Member

Just wanting to make sure this guy isn't something special. Been in the fam at least 60 years. It's 13 1/2" tall. No markings I can see. Felt covering bottom has depression indicating it's hollow. Can anyone tell me anything about it and/or should I remove the felt? Thank you! IMG_6830.JPG IMG_6831.JPG IMG_6832.JPG IMG_6826.JPG

Christmasjoy and pearlsnblume like this.
  2. crazycrowlady

crazycrowlady Active Member

I don't know anything about it, sorry, but I absolutely love it!

3. MIRED

MIRED Active Member

I'd love to give it to you if you live anywhere in LA

4. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

@MIRED - Welcome to the forum!! :happy::happy:

You may want to pull off the felt on the bottom to see if it is possibly marked.

If you do want to ultimately give it away to @crazycrowlady you can do that through private messages. You would click on the inbox option up in the upper right hand corner, then click on the start conversation, enter her user ID type the message & then click on send.

We do have a give away section at the bottom of the page where members can offer stuff to other members. Sometimes only 1 person wants the item & other times there is a whole gaggle of people.

Shipping costs can be worked out between you & the other member.

5. MIRED

MIRED Active Member

Thanks for all that @bercrystal!

bercrystal likes this.
  6. MIRED

MIRED Active Member

I removed the felt and here is the bottom of the chicken. No marks I see. Does how it was made mean anything to anyone? IMG_6838.JPG

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted