Ceramic Clown Dolls- Collectibles

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Kintsugi.Doll, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Kintsugi.Doll

Kintsugi.Doll New Member

Hello!
    I've had some Clown Dolls for a number of years, and from time to time I've tried searching for any information on them, each time coming up empty-handed.

I believe their heads could be made of porcelain but I'm not certain.
    Looking at their faces, they seem to be hand painted.
    Also, their bodies are soft, they feel like little sacs of cloth with sand or something inside.

I've searched each of them and can't find any discernable markings or serial numbers on them (but it's possible they could be hidden somewhere and I just didn't know where to look).

But, I did find a tag on 2 of them stating-
    "All New Material Contents:
    CottonShredded Clippings Man Made Fibers Made In China"

So I'm turning to the good people on the internet for some help.
    If anyone could provide any information on how I can find out more about Porcelain (or possibly Ceramic) Clown Dolls, I would greatly appreciate the assistance.
    --------------------------------------
    Questions:
    Is there somewhere specific I could check for a hidden serial number?

I'm interested in any information.

Thank you!
    -----------------------------

2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

If we can't see what you're talking about, it makes it awfully hard to help you!! If you need more help in getting your images up, just ASK.....we're happy to help with that too!!!:):)

Do the dolls have fabric bodies? What are their sizes? Did you purchase them or possibly inherit them? Are they in 'costume'?? But truthfully, there's nothing like SEEING what you're talking about!!!!:happy:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    i need help likes this.
  4. Mugzinnys

Mugzinnys Well-Known Member

5. R Ewing

R Ewing EclecticMomsAttic

I bought an interesting old clown doll, and I found that it was an old "Carnival Clown" toy prize doll, it's head was made of a material called "composite". I was able to sell it very easily. You might look into that. Mine was about 18 - 24" long with a soft body like you describe.

6. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

The tag makes it modern Chinese, so the maker doesn't matter.

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted