Featured Ceramic Teapot , no makers mark , IS THIS JAPANESE?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by GreenEyedGal, Sep 20, 2021.

1. GreenEyedGal

GreenEyedGal Well-Known Member

I have been looking at this ceramic teapot , because it has me more curious than anything ? Does this style look Asian to anyone or is it my imagination? I do collect Teapots although of more elegant aesthetics… But this one has me very curious…Any help would be appreciated!! 1BDCA7FD-B4CF-46B7-A3A7-512E2A1A62FF.jpeg BBBD5E51-6BFA-46D2-B74E-694DFD9C44BB.jpeg 7B8ABFD9-E4A9-4317-91D5-C9278B10B4B8.jpeg EEFD4561-06E7-4853-B970-DA2BFE97CB3B.jpeg A1DF5D89-5110-413E-A44F-0FC309E60659.jpeg

judy, Boland, Bronwen and 3 others like this.
  2. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

I’d say Bankoware (Japanese) although they usually have wisteria or rattan bale handles. The grotesque figure definitely fits.

3. GreenEyedGal

Awesome! I at least have some place to start!

4. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

Do you have a picture of the bottom?

pearlsnblume likes this.
  5. GreenEyedGal

I just bought it through a used selling platform, for pennies basically..she said there wasn’t anything on the bottom , although I think I disagree ….I just kind of had a “ feeling “ about it Lol! So when it arrives I will post more photos , and bottom as well ….

pearlsnblume and bercrystal like this.
  6. GreenEyedGal

@anundverkaufen , I think you are correct… I went ahead and purchased it and did quite a bit of research , although I didn’t run across that one in particular, it def seems to fit . I will post more photos when it arrives.If anything I have educated myself in Bankoware Lol!

7. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

There is no such thing as wasted research because even if you don't get the first one you never know when you might see a similar one. :happy::happy:

Draft saved Draft deleted