Chalet? Stretch glass bowl find - ID help

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by aaroncab, Apr 11, 2017.

1. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Found this recently - best match I can find online is possible being a Chalet product. I have found some Chalet examples with the green/amber color combo. Thoughts? and thank you :) It's 24" long and about 9" wide. 33844223321_7f1b3a72ce_k.jpg 33161009433_b83c765724_k.jpg 33161013233_9dcc780906_k.jpg 33161017343_f1bf2e7087_k.jpg 33844239701_70690cda4f_k.jpg

~

johnnycb09 and bobsyouruncle like this.
  2. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

The foot says Viking to me. With most collectors/authors stretch is a surface treatment applied to pressed glass similar to carnival. This bowl was manipulated into this shape with hand tools.

judy likes this.
  3. aaroncab

Thank you George. I'm learning as I go about glass. I see now that stretch is the wrong term for this - although pieces like this seem to be labled as stretch on various sales sites ebay/etsy/1stdibs etc - i'm sure they are applying it incorrectly and confusing people like me :) . I appreciate the chance to learn :) - also there are some pieces of chalet pictured online that seem to match the foot (and overall shape/design) on this piece fairly closely - and i'm struggling to find pieces of viking that look more like this than the pieces of chalet I've found. Just my superficial visual observations though.

bobsyouruncle likes this.
  4. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Lorraine (another Canadian company) also used that color combination. Without a label or mark, this kind of glass is very hard to pin down. Lots of companies did similar.

I would call it "pulled".

aaroncab likes this.
  5. aaroncab

Thank you!

Draft saved Draft deleted