Featured Champion Hardware 50 Years Service 1883-1933 Metal Advertising Ashtray

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Kasperscuriosities, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Kasperscuriosities

Kasperscuriosities Two hundred years too late.

The design is the same on both sides, "50 YEARS OF SERVICE CHAMPION 1883-1933". In the center to the right of the knight on horseback it says "CHAMPION HARDWARE FOR BETTER BUILDINGS".

The ashtray is 4" square and approximately 5" tall. The medallion is 3" in diameter and 1/4" thick.

Champion 2.jpg Champion 3.jpg

2. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

My ol' man says Champion Hardware is still in business.

EDIT
    He used to work for Amarillo Hardware, no longer existing. What more would you want to know?

3. Kasperscuriosities

Kasperscuriosities Two hundred years too late.

Do you think that this is something that would have a following? I mean no one smokes anymore so as an ashtray I would say no but was/is Champion something that has a following of collectors? What do you think? And Thanks.

KingofThings likes this.
  4. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

My o'M says that there's a lot of brand-loyalty and sentimentality among many dealers. He said such a person might give ten dollars. Not much more (unless a couple of old-timers get into a battle), reason being that there were just so many... every year at the big hardware conventions, tons of such awards are given out. One WAS on ebay, but I can't find it.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=cha...ears+of+service+ashtray&imgrc=SknXEYtvEk0FeM:
    Anyway, I guess he's saying the more exposure you get with the hardware folks, the better. I wonder if you gave them a call... or just sent an FYI email to their advertising department or such. Or maybe that's against auction-rules.
    So that's all I got, Casco!

5. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

VERY COOL!
    We have CHAMPION BOLT here.

Kasperscuriosities likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted