Chandelier in bronze

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Castelli, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Castelli

Castelli Active Member

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can tell me anything about this chandelier? I have a set, but I am not sure about age/value, etc.
    Thanks ch1.jpg

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  2. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

It's a candelabra, not a chandelier. One main difference is that a chandelier hangs, usually from a ceiling.

Definition of chandelier: a decorative hanging light with branches for several light bulbs or candles.

Definition of candelabra: a large branched candlestick or holder for several candles or lamps.

Otherwise I don't know anything about it... The figures seem out of proportion but that could be the style from another country?

3. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Think this is relatively new. The quality of the casting is sub-par for an old one and the patina looks applied.

4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Yes, very crudely made.

Debora

Ghopper1924 and Figtree3 like this.
  5. Castelli

Castelli Active Member

Thanks, Figtree3, as soon as typed it I realized I made a mistake, but then I was rushing to go out and did not have time to change it.

Ghopper1924 and Figtree3 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted