Chanel necklaces

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Tricia Harr, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Tricia Harr

Tricia Harr Well-Known Member

2019-08-17-10-20-23.jpg 2019-08-17-10-20-35.jpg 2019-08-17-10-20-46.jpg 2019-08-17-10-25-03.jpg 2019-08-17-10-25-18.jpg morning everyone, I'm thinking not authentic but would like ur input.. but the same sale I picked up a dress with tags attached for $345.00. Bloomingdale return tag still on it too.
    TIA

Any Jewelry likes this.
  2. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

Photos of the Chanel pieces are not close/detailed enough to give an opinion, sorry. They certainly LOOK like some of the carppy designs I have seen lately, but first impression is that they are too "blingy", even for the current Chanel mainstream market.

antidiem, Any Jewelry, reader and 2 others like this.
  3. reader

reader Well-Known Member

I agree that they’re counterfeit by guess only. No one can authenticate off those pictures. You need to post closeup focused pictures showing all elements and stamping. I can tell you that metal elements look uneven and cheaply made. If you feel any roughness on edges or see any bubbles on backs you know they’re fake.

I also would not expect Chanel to break up their name with a CC element.

As far as bling goes, sadly, IMO, contemporary Chanel can be pretty blingy.

4. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

I cannot see the dress either, no tag shown other than price, no idea who the designer is supposed to be from one small picture.

I don't think the name Chanel would be broken up by CC logo either. In all honesty, I stopped looking at anything Chanel many years ago, same with Tiffy's stuff.

Any Jewelry and kyratango like this.
  5. Mansons2005

That is why I did not dismiss these out of hand - Chanel has had to try and appeal to the common market to subsidize the couture lines. They do still produce the classic couture that they are fabled for (or did until Lagerfeld's death - we will see what Viard puts out there), but like with everything else, the costs have gone beyond astronomical.

The first thing that give me a clue that these are not genuine is the way the CC logos are portrayed. They are very particular over which C crosses which C, and on which part of each C the C crosses - these have no distinction I can see. See?

6. Mansons2005

Looking more closely, the logo on the last piece pictured is in the correct format, and I have seen the pink enamel with paste in the past (earrings? belt buckle?) so that piece has a chance - slim, but still a chance, of being authentic.

I can't see the second piece well enough to say for certain, but the logo looks like it MAY be correct in format. That does not mean it is authentic - nor does it prove it is not......................

7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I would have backed away slowly from the necklaces. There were too many phonies made in the 80s and 90s.

Tricia Harr, antidiem, reader and 2 others like this.
  8. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

Depends on the price whether I would have backed away or not.

9. Tricia Harr

Tricia Harr Well-Known Member

I'll post better pics in the am. I hit my loupe out and couldn't find any chanel marks on them

Draft saved Draft deleted