Featured Charleton Decorated Glass Vase, Pattern Name

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by drg642, Dec 12, 2015.

1. drg642

drg642 Well-Known Member

Hi, This Charleton decorated glass vase is about 5 1/2 inches tall. Does anyone know the name of this decoration/pattern? I've searched quite a bit, and have not seen this particular green with white swirl background. The closest I saw was something called Roses with Green Maze. I've learned through the help of Tallcakes that the shape is Consolidated Glass, Regent line.

Thanks very much for any assistance with pattern name.

charl1.JPG charl2.JPG charl3.JPG

anundverkaufen, judy and cxgirl like this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Can't help, but wanted to say that is lovely!

What does the AWCO mean at the bottom of the sticker?

judy likes this.
  3. Messilane

Messilane Well-Known Member

4. drg642

drg642 Well-Known Member

It stands for Abels, Wasserberg & Co. They did many varied decorations on glass blanks from Fenton, Cambridge, and many other companies, often labeled as Charleton. Most had roses and flowers, but there is a wide range of decorations. Tallcakes gave me the link to this website with more information http://www.glasshousenc.com/

Messilane likes this.
  5. Messilane

Messilane Well-Known Member

It stands for "Abels, Wasserberg & Co.".

6. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Ah. Thank you, Messi!

judy likes this.
  7. drg642

drg642 Well-Known Member

Thanks for looking Messilane. I also found the shape but not that background pattern. There is a book on Charleton Decorated wares, and it may be in there. Maybe someone who has the book will happen along. I may contact the authors of the book who I think are also the authors of the website, but I am a little reluctant to since they may not want to give out info for free when they have a book for sale - which is quite understandable. But if it is a rare pattern, they may be interested to see it.

8. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

AWCO used #985

judy likes this.
  9. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Some decorations seem to be unique but I'm sure the Phoenix & Consolidated Glass group on Facebook would love to see this decoration, and they may be able to help you identify it.
    Don
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PCGCC/

judy and cxgirl like this.
  10. drg642

drg642 Well-Known Member

Thanks Don. I thought it might be rare, but maybe not. I have also posted this question on the ebay PGP board, and over there tallcakes just gave a link to the same vase currently listed on ebay. I don't know why it didn't come up in my searches when I searched every way I could think of on ebay.

judy likes this.
  11. JOYCE M FORGET

JOYCE M FORGET New Member

It means: Abels, Wasserberg & Co - (Hanpainted decorations found on Fenton, Cambridge, Heisey, Consolidated, Limoges and others) :)

anundverkaufen and judy like this.
  12. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

FWIW, although I haven't found this exact decoration, it seems as if this Consolidated Glass shape sells for about $25 with other Charleton decorations.

13. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

It is in the book which I no longer have. There is/was a Charleton TB group modified by the authors of the book.

14. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

This thread is originally from September 2015. The only reason I picked up on it was when Bakersgram thanked Messilane for decoding the AWCO for her.

I miss Messilane & hope she is doing well.

15. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

there's one WP listing that has this as Fenton:
    https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/antique-awco-charleton-hand-decorated-1792638494

seems this site was shut down shortly after they published their book; tho' you might try the wayback machine archives to check on any backups...

Bronwen and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  16. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Bronwen, TallCakes and i need help like this.
  17. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Thank you Kiko,
    Glad to see you TC! :)

KikoBlueEyes, Bronwen and TallCakes like this.
  18. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

Hi all : )
    been a bit quiet around these parts...

KikoBlueEyes, Bronwen and i need help like this.
  19. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

All of our parts TC. Hope you are staying well.

Draft saved Draft deleted