Chatabout / Glass Etch & Pattern Gallery site down?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by UncleChuckTX, Jul 28, 2016.

1. UncleChuckTX

UncleChuckTX Well-Known Member

I finally bit the bullet, and upgraded my PC to Windows 10.

Now, I can't seem to get the chatabout site or gallery to come up. Is the site really down, or are my browsers somehow messed up (and not loading it correctly)?

Would someone mind checking to see if you can reach it?

http://www.chataboutdg.com/gallery/

2. msgood2shoe

msgood2shoe Well-Known Member

For the past several days I have had problems with the site. The page has alot of white space at the top, and you have to scroll way down the page to see the "page". Also, while I can search, when I try to go to another page of search results I get sent to the search page.

3. msgood2shoe

msgood2shoe Well-Known Member

BTW, I have been using Windows 10 for quite a while and have had no problem with the site until recently

4. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

ditto on the gallery, I signed in and checked it. They say they are having gallery problems but if you see a white screen if you scroll down the photos are there.....at least that's what they say and they are way down on my white gallery page screen.

(btw I have been avoiding windows 10 as I have old computers and figure they might not be happy with the change.)

pearlsnblume likes this.
  5. UncleChuckTX

UncleChuckTX Well-Known Member

Thank you both! I was having some sort of scripting error on Firefox, which I corrected with a browser reset. The site wasn't loading at all before, but now I see the white page with the content at the bottom as you described.

Sis, I avoided Win10 too. I knew the first release last summer would be filled with hiccups and bugs. Win7 was working fine for me. I decided to give it a try, since the deadline is tomorrow (and made 3 different kinds of backups of my old system, in case I wanted to go back to 7). It's working well so far, despite a few little annoyances like the problem with the chataboutdg site. I just have to tinker with it to get it customized like I want.

pearlsnblume and say_it_slowly like this.
  6. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I get a blank screen....that's all!!

Edit: @msgood2shoe was correct.....I needed to scroll down to see the site...very weird the way it's loading, but.....maybe THEY switched to Win 10!!! I'm still on 7.........and having nightmares about an upgrade!!!!!

say_it_slowly likes this.
  7. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

I'm on a MAC using Safari and I also see the big white space. If you scroll down to eventually see the site, everything looks and works fine. If I knew how, I would contact them. They probably did something that inadvertently caused all the white at the top. If it were ebay, I would be thinking that they're clearing out some space for more ads.

8. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I'm using Windows 7 with Firefox. I have no plans of ever updating to Windows 10 but then again I said the same thing about moving to Windows 7 from Windows XP. Same problems with chataboutdg as reported above.
    Don

Draft saved Draft deleted