chataboutdg search

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by *crs*, Nov 4, 2020.

1. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

It seems to me that chataboutdg keeps changing as to how use the search. I tried Cambridge Etch and got 116 pages. I tried Cambridge + Etch and got the same 116 pages. I tried Cambridge + bowl + etch and got a lot of stuff that wasn't even Cambridge. Please refresh my memory as to how to search the site because I obviously don't know what the h*ll I'm doing. Thank you. I would post the bowl here but I like to exhaust my own research first.

komokwa likes this.
  2. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

I use the 'and' function rather than the '+' and it works for me... is using two words in the search the 'or' would be the default without stating so...
    from their advance search page:
    "Search by Keyword:
    Use terms such as AND, OR and NOT to control your search in more detail. Use asterisks (*) as a wildcard for partial matches."

3. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Also, I get different results with slight variations on the search terms. So "Cambridge and etch" may bring up different results than "Cambridge and etched" or "Cambridge and etch*". Try them all :)

4. *crs*

Thanks Don & Marie!!

5. *crs*

Well, this looks like June Etch? by Fostoria. Boy was I off base thinking it was Cambridge :bag:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
  6. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

The suspense was killing us, then you went and found it yourself.

7. *crs*

:happy::happy::happy::happy:

8. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Yep, spot on, June by Fostoria :)

*crs* likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted