Chinese Artwork Identification

Discussion in 'Art' started by Jennifer430, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Jennifer430

Jennifer430 Member

I recently acquired this Chinese artwork, but know very little about it. I did a Google Images search but there are so many Chinese paintings of birds, it was hard to find distinguish whether mine was something of finer quality. Does anyone know much about this art or the artist? Thanks so much. 073D68A3-BFF9-4306-AFEA-FE92AD258D3E.jpeg 1888D0E9-FBCF-4775-BC2B-CC91916B2939.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
  2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

I think it’s a Kingfisher. Those who might be able to translate, will need better photos of the signature.

3. Jennifer430

Jennifer430 Member

Thank you. I hope this helps.
    0.jpg

i need help likes this.
  4. i need help

5. Couch Potato Wannabe

Couch Potato Wannabe Well-Known Member

Sadly no, though I can read some of the characters, how they translate on a character by character basis can differ greatly to how they would translate on the whole. Without being able to read all of it, translating part of it and having the correct meaning, is much harder.

Also, traditionally, the black writing is more commonly a title, or description of the piece. The signature is the red stamped text, traditionally written in ancient Chinese seal script, which I also looked at but can't make it out clearly enough.

i need help likes this.
  6. i need help

Thank you for having a look!

Draft saved Draft deleted