Chinese Bronze Censer Thoughts

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Indiana_Gnomes, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Indiana_Gnomes

Indiana_Gnomes New Member

Greetings. I have no radar for antique Chinese / Asian items, decor, art and crafts. I am welcoming any thoughts on the attached photos of a Chinese Bronzed Censer I have had my eyes on. It is a heavy item, attractive as decor item so I thought I run it past this forum. Do the marks or styling look familiar to anyone? Any thoughts on if it is a reproduction? Many thanks in advance to any feedback to the marks or styling that could tell me if it is anything worth keeping.

Respectfully,
    Indiana Gnomes

Attached Files:

judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi and WELCOME to ANTIQUERS, Indiana!!! What I can't do is help you with your lovely looking piece, although there are several here that should be able to!!! Although this is a worldwide site, this does tend to slow down the later it gets at night! Give it some time.....others will be along eventually!!

yourturntoloveit and judy like this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

it's nice......haven't seen that mark before....

upload_2019-2-28_1-28-25.jpeg
    upload_2019-2-28_1-28-54.jpeg upload_2019-2-28_1-29-21.jpeg

4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, Indiana.
    Gorgeous censer. I would say 19th century Japanese. Try googling Meiji bronze dragon censer. Meiji is the name of a period, not the maker.

komokwa, yourturntoloveit and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted