Chinese Censer

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Politically Collect, Mar 28, 2023.

1. Chinese Censer

I have what I believe to be a Chinese Censer. No information as to its provenance. I have some thoughts on it but I want any feedback to be objective so I will refrain from posting them. It’s made of metal and is heavy. I found no markings embossed on it. Included are photos of the inside. Take a look and tell me what you think. Seeking info about its age, origin and potential value.

Attached Files:

bercrystal likes this.
  2. Shangas

Shangas Underage Antiques Collector and Historian

Censer.

Probably made of bronze, if it's really heavy. Looks like bronze, from here.

bercrystal, Houseful and johnnycb09 like this.
  3. Chinese Censer - Additional Photographs

Attached Files:

bercrystal likes this.
  4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

PC - you should still have time to correct the spelling in the title. Click on thread tools on the right above your first post. Look for edit title in the drop down

bercrystal and Any Jewelry like this.
  5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I have some thoughts on it but I want any feedback to be objective so I will refrain from posting them.

... Yeah , Nah !

We work for free.
    We do our very best to help all comers.
    All we ask is that folks give us the best clear photo's they can , describe the item to the best of their ability , and tell us everything they already know.....or think they already know about the item and where it is , and where they got it from.

Help us , to help you .

We don't cotton to playing games........!

Once you post a thread....... it goes where it wants, when it wants.....and any control you think you have...is just an illusion .:yawn:

Any Jewelry and wlwhittier like this.
  6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

pretty average hallway......:playful:

7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Antique Chinese cast bronze* censer sans lid. The lid would have had a beastie of some type on top.
    Archaic period style decoration on the body, style only, not of the period. The birds are a different style, which is not unusual.
    I would say 19th century.

*Asian bronzes are rarely the same alloy as Western bronzes, but we call them bronze to differentiate from cast brass.

We would be very happy if you posted images full image. There is a 'full image' button when you post photos.

8. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Another request for posting "FULL IMAGE". You can even do that now. Click on "EDIT" and then on the option that says "Post every image as FULL IMAGE". Then everyone can see all the photos one after the other and makes it so much easier to view everything. Thanks!

bercrystal, kyratango and Any Jewelry like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted