Chinese Empress figurine?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Jose Deleon, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Jose Deleon

Jose Deleon Active Member

Srry clearly I'm struggling uploading pictures on this old phone

I found this a long time ago on Google images but now that I own it I cannot find information. If any one can help that would be great

2. Jose Deleon

3. flipper

flipper Striving to face adversity with tact and humor

Jose,
    I understand your troubles, but in the meanwhile you can provide a lot more information to aid in your search for answers. How tall is it? Looks like ceramic, is it? Are there markings on the base? Any signatures or characters? You know? Help us, help you.

kyratango likes this.
  4. Jose Deleon

Is about 12in is large feels like porcelain I haven't found a mark yet I'm at work. But the bottom is Karina has a dirty Brown look to it. I just pick up from the post office is still in my car

5. Jose Deleon

6. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Brassy gold plus dirty brown muck = not old at all

kyratango and Houseful like this.
  7. Jose Deleon

It can be clean I just rubbed off dirt lol

kyratango likes this.
  8. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

You shouldn't do that, you'll spoil the faker's efforts!

kyratango, laura9797 and Aquitaine like this.
  9. Jose Deleon

Lmao I found one close to it ming figurine

10. Jose Deleon

Matsu statue real. Found it

11. Miscstuff

Miscstuff Sometimesgetsitright

Might be some writing here. Almost looks like "made in China".:bag:
    20200402_210307.jpg

komokwa and judy like this.
  12. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Yes she is Matsu, better known as Tianhou, Goddess of the sea.
    Unfortunately the dirt is something fakers apply to make people who don't know antique Chinese porcelain believe it is old. Do you really think she would have been that dirty if she were genuine Ming? She would have received top treatment.

13. Jose Deleon

I don't believe is ming old. Could be in the 90s+. I saw this video guy is professional in Antique he said dirt is fake but sometimes not necessary because there work station is dirty. I'm i saying mine real IDk am saying fake IDk . To fake a vase understand vases are always in high demand but to fake a figuring idk. The dirt comes off. But i can't find one statue like mine online. I did find a drinking bottle

14. Any Jewelry

Figurines are always in high demand too. Go to any Chinese family, shop or restaurant, and you'll see a lot of Immortals, Goddesses etc. Tianhou/Matsu is very popular in Taiwan, and among the many Taiwanese overseas.

15. Jose Deleon

This thing is extremely heavy if I can use it as a hammer without it breaking I would lmfao hand-painted I've read a little bit information about it I picked this up because it came with necking vases and it was a deal so why not

16. Any Jewelry

If it is a good deal and you like it, you're right, why not.

PortableTreasures likes this.
  17. Jose Deleon

I'll post again you'll see what else came in

Draft saved Draft deleted