Chinese Export European Subject Decorative Platter

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Dapunnisher, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Dapunnisher

Dapunnisher Active Member

Hello Porcelain Professionals,

I have acquired a large, heavy porcelain 12" platter of a unique design. The subject seems to be Italian or Greek. Not knowing my mythology, I am curious to know if anyone can identify the subjects in the design. Date and maker would also be helpful.

Thank you in advance for your help!

20190313_133722.jpg 20190313_133931.jpg 20190313_133829.jpg 20190313_133836.jpg

i need help likes this.
  2. kraftblue

kraftblue Well-Known Member

Its a newer plate. Engligh writing and not for food....

judy, i need help and Bakersgma like this.
  3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I agree. I don't think the figures represent any specific scenes in Greek mythology. The winged animals in the center are griffins and the winged horse is Pegasus.

I think I started to see Chinese items marked this way starting around the 1980's but the round Made in China sticker makes me think it's much newer. Those stickers don't usually stand up to hot water very well.
    Don

judy, komokwa, Lucille.b and 2 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted