Featured Chinese Ink on Paper

Discussion in 'Art' started by Nick72, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Nick72

Nick72 Well-Known Member

Picked this up the other day, really liked the peaceful athmosphere, countryside, Cherry trees in full blossom,the little house in the distance simple but soothing to look at.
    My Chinese is not very good..any clue:bookworm:?
    Chinese ink on paper, chinese painting? Looking from close looks like watecolor...

Paper size is 24.5" X 17.75" Image size is 18.75" X 13.75" has a silk contour around the image.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Phaik Hooi

Phaik Hooi Well-Known Member

Figtree3, Any Jewelry and Nick72 like this.
  3. Nick72

Nick72 Well-Known Member

Hello Phaik Hooi....funny one ;)! and a good start, Cheers!!

Any Jewelry likes this.
  4. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I like it, too. Can't read any Chinese, though.

5. Nick72

Nick72 Well-Known Member

Thanks Figtree3, must be someone on this site that can read Mandarin....:rolleyes:.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
    Figtree3 likes this.
  6. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Figtree3 likes this.
  7. Dundun

Dundun Member

It’s 循xun 道dao.

Literally it means following path, as it shows on the painting where a small path leading you to the faraway small house.

Meanwhile, I think it’s also a Matephor here, meaning that people should following a path to pursuit the ultimate wisdom, inner peace, or anything you value. Actually the second character 道 is the same character in Taoism.

BoudiccaJones and Figtree3 like this.
  8. Nick72

Nick72 Well-Known Member

Hello Dundun.

Thanks so much for the explanation on the characters on my painting, i actualy showed a picture to one one my coworkers who is Chinese and he told me the same as you, "follow the path".
    It actually goes well with what is on the painting, thanks a lot for chiming in ;) !

Dundun and Figtree3 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted