Chinese/Japanese Buddha blue&White Lamp With Child

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by antiquelover69, Dec 30, 2019.

1. antiquelover69

antiquelover69 Well-Known Member

Another storage find.A Chinese/Japanese blue & White Lamp with child.I have no idea who the maker is. SAM_1534.JPG SAM_1535.JPG SAM_1536.JPG SAM_1537.JPG SAM_1538.JPG

scoutshouse likes this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Ouch! That must hurt.

Debora

3. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

Buddha holding koi... @Any Jewelry @Asian Fever or others? will know the story, if there is one.

I'm sorry, I know others have helped me out on Buddhist topics, I can't always summon the name.

[​IMG]

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Not a Buddha, but a boy holding a goldfish, a classic New Years gift. Appropriate, even though it is not the Chinese New Year yet.
    Goldfish stand for wealth, which is one of the things you wish for the person you give the boy+goldfish to.
    This fish looks like a fantail with bulging eyes. Can't remember the specific name.

I feel for the boy, I have a splitting headache too. No goldfish though.

6. antiquelover69

antiquelover69 Well-Known Member

Wow! thanks so much!! great information!

komokwa and Any Jewelry like this.
  7. Asian Fever

Asian Fever Well-Known Member

Not goldfish, it is koi fish or carp..... Gold fish is so small and we cannot hold it like this.
    Further, koi fish or carp means auspicious and good luck while goldfish does not.

Bakersgma and Any Jewelry like this.
  8. Any Jewelry

Little boy, big fish?;)
    Chinese people here always identify it as a goldfish, and say the golden colour stands for wealth.
    So it is not one of these?:wideyed:
    [​IMG]

9. Asian Fever

Asian Fever Well-Known Member

10. Any Jewelry

:dead:

Draft saved Draft deleted