Featured Chinese lantern age

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Chris Mount, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Chris Mount

Chris Mount Getting there

Hi all picked this up thought 31 dollars was pretty good. Seller said 1920s was hoping someone could confirm or clarify. I only have one tassle so will have to look for some replacements the inner tube is like a printed card with hand painted highlights. I imagine it has the metal section on top to sound from the heat of the globe not sure. Hope someone can help chris 15303241456662.jpg 15303241456080.jpg 15303241967205.jpg 15303241966794.jpg 15303241966353.jpg 15303242273426.jpg

2. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I was just going to say it has a 1950s-early 60s boudoir look, but I see you already found one.

James Conrad and Christmasjoy like this.
  4. Chris Mount

Thank you as always didnt think it was that old just didnt know what it was called and did think it was from time specified. So bloody fragile that silk. Now to hunt down some tassles. Cheers

Any Jewelry likes this.
  5. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Chris,
    If you can not find the ones you want. You can always make your own. There are many sites online for making tassels. I have made a lot of them in the past to match missing ones.
    greg

Mill Cove Treasures likes this.
  6. Chris Mount

Thanks Greg wI'll take a look

7. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

If you live anywhere near a "China Town" area, they sell these tassles in many shops.

8. Chris Mount

Awesome thanks mill, pop in to the city often will have a look next time I'm in there. Thanks again.

Draft saved Draft deleted