Chinese Necklace

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by kardinalisimo, Nov 27, 2017.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

IMG_9139.JPG IMG_9140.JPG IMG_9141.JPG IMG_9142.JPG IMG_9143.JPG Any idea what's the pendant about?

2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

I can only get as far as musicians playing around a figure standing on/rising out of a lotus flower. Someone will know.

judy likes this.
  3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Probably a Western craftsperson's piece, using different Asian components.
    The round beads are probably Hill Tribe, from Thailand. The floral clasp looks like Thai or Indonesian. The glass beads are nice, but look out of place. So does the pendant.
    The beautiful long beads, probably made in Bali, are either meant for earrings or as finials to the beaded part of a necklace:
    [​IMG]

CheersDears and judy like this.
  4. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

I was thinking the pendant is Chinese but for export for the Western market, Dutch, English?

judy likes this.
  5. Any Jewelry

Export to any market, I think. It doesn't accomodate to any market in particular. It looks pretty recent.

judy likes this.
  6. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

That's what I was thinking too. Someone got hold of a bunch of bits and made a necklace. I'd be ripping it apart and reusing the beads, since to me it doesn't really work. I'd put the enamel pendant on a rubber or rattail cord and mess with the rest after ditching those blue beads and using the clasp with other beads. The beads and clasp fight each other.

Any Jewelry and CheersDears like this.
  7. Any Jewelry

Agree, it is not only a stylistic mishmash, but also an esthetic one.
    What it comes down to is making the long beads into pretty dangle earrings, using the round beads and the spacers for an ethnic inspired necklace, the glass beads for a glass bead costume necklace, the clasp on a necklace with round glass beads maybe, and the pendant on a cord.

8. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

That's pretty close to what I'd do with it too. You could put the pendant on some 4mm druks or the like, but I probably wouldn't. The glass beads might do better as earrings too, with round beads in another color hanging on the ends. They're kind of long and skinny for necklace beads. I might even wire them together as a Christmas ornament.:)

Any Jewelry likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted