Chinese or Japanese porcelain mark on dish identification?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Gary Wright, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Gary Wright

Gary Wright New Member

Hi Antiquers

I am new here so try and be kind to me :happy:

I bought two oriental dishes from my local charity shop and thought they look interesting and would give me the chance to do some research on them. I have searched and searched the WWW to no avail so I thought I would try this wonderful forum. I have studied them and now not sure they are antique, in fact they look like they were made yesterday! My gut feeling is that they are Japanese? Transfer printed and hand coloured flowers at centre.
    I have attached a few two pictures in the hope that someone may be able to identify them and what age they might be. The dishes measure appox. 13cm diameter.
    Thank you in advance for any pointers to where I can find further information.
    With best regards
    Gary
    PS: This thread was originally posted in the wrong area of the site so I transferred it here but I got confirmation they are Japanese 1980's so I am waiting to find out about the hand written mark on reverse. Thanks Gary
    image3.jpeg image4.jpeg image1.jpeg

antidiem likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted