Chinese Perfume Bottle with Confusing Makers Mark

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by D.Risk, May 2, 2022.

1. D.Risk

D.Risk New Member

The makers mark on this perfume bottle has confused me. Recently I have been trying to increase my knowledge of Chinese makers marks on porcelain but I cannot figure out this mark for the life of me. Personally I believe this perfume bottle to be made fairly recently, but that is just my hunch. Any help finding the age of this bottle and deciphering the mark is appreciated.
    pe1.PNG pe2.PNG pe3.PNG

2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Snuff and made very recently.

aaroncab, johnnycb09 and laura9797 like this.
  3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

1960s-70s Chinese snuff bottle. The top of the stopper is serpentine.
    I suspect it has a tapering cork stopper inside, with either a plastic or a bone spoon in it. It is generally best to show the stopper out of the bottle as well.

aaroncab likes this.
  4. D.Risk

D.Risk New Member

Yes it does have a bone spoon inside attached to the stopper. It seems like my hunch that it was made fairly recently was correct. Thanks for the help.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It is not a collector's item, but it has dragons on it, and many people love dragons. So it has more going for it than many of its contemporaries.

The serpentine stopper top is also much nicer than many of the dark red plastic stoppers you see on recent bottles.

Draft saved Draft deleted