Chinese porcelain bottle with dragons & animal on lid. Mark translation help please.

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by bercrystal, Feb 27, 2019.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I got this at the same time as the plates I have posted, but at least this is marked on the bottom. :happy::happy:

I need some help with the translation of the Chinese characters on the bottom & was wondering about the animal on the lid. What type of bottle was this & the age of the bottle? Is there a reason the dragons are different on the front & back? It is 6 7/8" to the top of the handle on the lid, 4 3/4" across & 2 1/4" front to back.

It does have some damage & I included a photo of one of the cips to show the color of the porcelain.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks for any & all advice or opinions!!! :kiss::kiss::kiss:

KSW and Christmasjoy like this.
  2. bercrystal

Any comments on this bottle? I have had 81 views but no comments. If it is a new off the boat piece of junk please let me know so I can describe it accurately when I list it this weekend.

@Mat @Phaik Hooi or anyone else who would be able to help me out. :happy::happy:

i need help likes this.
  3. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Have you tried searching on http://gotheborg.com ? It might have some age but don't see it being a high dollar item. Plus those chips/Knicks hurt it too

i need help and judy like this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I'd pass it by on a thrift store shelf................sorry...

i need help and judy like this.
  5. bercrystal

I did try looking on Gotheborg, but if there was a match to this mark I did not find it.

It is looking like this is one of those list it at the bare minimum & let the chips fall where they may. Hopefully the plates will do well enough I won't care if this piece ends up with 1 bare minimum bid. :p:p

i need help likes this.
  6. Phaik Hooi

Phaik Hooi Well-Known Member

@bercrystal
    sorry i really can't read any chinese :sorry:
    but i know that the middle 2 characters mean company and the left 2 characters mean product (from scanning gotheborg). the right 2 would be the name of the company that made it. CHINA would mean export 20th century, right? is it a chinese wine bottle?

PS good luck with the listing! :)

bercrystal and i need help like this.
  7. Phaik Hooi

Phaik Hooi Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    bercrystal and i need help like this.
  8. bercrystal

@Phaik Hooi

Thank you for the additional information.

I really don't have much invested so hopefully I will be okay.

Phaik Hooi likes this.
  9. Silver Wolf

Silver Wolf Well-Known Member

i think you're right phaik hooi it's company's name,the first word i can't read it,it's traditional one.so the mark said X Cha Gong He Chu Pin,this could be company name who produced this.i think tea caddy will be right about this item

Phaik Hooi likes this.
  10. bercrystal

@Silver Wolf - Thank you for the additional information.

Phaik Hooi and Silver Wolf like this.
  11. lpan9

lpan9 Active Member

This is a tea can of Republic Period of China (1911- 1949). The bottom stamp "Hua Cha Gong Si Chu Pin" means Product of Chinese Tea Company.

12. bercrystal

@lpan9 - Thank you so much for the additional information!! :happy::happy::happy:

Draft saved Draft deleted