Chinese Porcelain tea bowl, need help with the mark please

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by mmarco102, Aug 15, 2018.

1. mmarco102

mmarco102 Well-Known Member

F25A3B4A-D6DD-4901-B70A-A1D7086606D3.jpeg 4F064044-ADCD-4586-AC84-39353A7C611A.jpeg 80B93872-0EC5-4C10-9242-2E1D671C4C47.jpeg 2FE29D12-4217-44DA-B665-D337DE2FC5C6.jpeg 39485AA5-72BC-4028-8EA9-92E9E07E21E4.jpeg Ok, so this one had me believing it was two separate pieces of the same design until my Chinese girl friend told me it was a chinese tea bowl. I was debating it with her until she explained that if I was right, the lid would be written upside down and the brown trim was on top and bottom of lid, but only on the top trim of the bowl. She wins again. ;)

Can someone please help Identify the mark and or value. I have found the design with same inside image online but none with this marking. As alway, any direction I can be lead will help.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

3. mmarco102

Thank you for your response, yes been there and about 8 million other site *sigh*. I usually have had luck in finding a mark but this one is eluding me.

judy likes this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

looks like a Chinese rice bowl......but then again....she's not ' my ' girlfriend ! :happy::happy::happy::wideyed::wideyed:

judy, mmarco102 and i need help like this.
  5. mmarco102

judy, komokwa and i need help like this.
  6. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Maybe @Asian Fever will be around and can look at the mark.

judy and mmarco102 like this.
  7. komokwa

If you can laugh at that......both of you.....then I say you guys are going to fit in real well here !!!!
    I was worried...4 a minute....that it could have been taken the wrong way....:oops:

I used to hit a Japanese resto that served soup in a lidded bowl like that....& I think of tea cups as smaller ...with no lids.......
    but hey...I've still yet to see you post the size of the thing.......
    Size matters..Eh ?? Heehe!!!!

8. mmarco102

To be fair, as I stated in the original post, I thought it was a small saucer and a bowl that was placed on top of it. She informed me correctly of the lidded bowl for steeping green tea or enjoying soup. After googling it, I posted it as the tea bowl.

At this point I am going to put two scoop of vanilla ice cream in it and not even use the lid, then kick back and enjoy...

judy and SBSVC like this.
  9. komokwa

I think I saw some for tea...but they had holes in the lid...???

Ice Cream......an idea who's time has come !! Enjoy !!!!:happy:

mmarco102 and judy like this.
  10. mmarco102

When your signature states, “I’m always willing to be proven wrong”, you really need to put emphasis on the word “proven”. ;):joyful::joyful: (Disapointed in emoji’s, where is the one with tears coming down in laughter?).

First she wins, then you win,
    I think I’m gona go climb a tree. Maybe I’ll be able to see @Asian Fever coming down the road from there?

judy and komokwa like this.
  11. komokwa

Not everyone shows up every day.....but we try to give a shout out to those members who we think have the best knowledge on any one particular item.
    :):)

We're not so much a ' value ' site....but sometimes members will offer up their thoughts.
    There are usually to many factors going on here for us to throw out prices...
    but we will try to point you in the right direction. :happy::woot::woot:

judy, mmarco102 and i need help like this.
  12. mmarco102

It was all Tongue in cheek, I completely understood prior to joking.

judy and komokwa like this.
  13. komokwa

I know.....I'm just being factual ....:happy:

14. Asian Fever

Asian Fever Well-Known Member

Sorry, I can only read the two words in the middle line "全兴" in traditional writing.

I guess the covered bowl is at least republic period. However, the pattern is pretty much Tongzhi period style.

In addition, I have a very similar bowl which I am going to sell it in antique store. I will take pics before I take it to store tomorrow.

15. mmarco102

Thank for sharing you observations. Would love to see your images too.

If I understand correctly, the top and the lid maybe from two different makings(as in a replacement for a broken piece)? The top appears newer, but maybe just due to heat of food in the lower(?).

Thank you very much again.

i need help likes this.
  16. Asian Fever

The two marking reads exactly same.

i need help likes this.
  17. Asian Fever

18. Asian Fever

The marking of my bowl is different from yours. It is faded, I cannot read either.

Attached Files:

i need help likes this.
  19. Asian Fever

20. mmarco102

Thank you very much for showing this, the bowl is beautiful.

i need help likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted