Chipped Limoges plate

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Grateful, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Grateful

Grateful Well-Known Member

Last one for today....does the chip shown on the bottom rim of this plate render it pretty worthless and donation or trash ready? It really bothers my OCD - lol. Thank you.
    Limoges plate.JPG
    Limoges plate2.JPG
    Limoges plate3.JPG

Christmasjoy likes this.
  2. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm afraid so. Even intact it would not hold much appeal for Limoges collectors as it was decorated at a small studio (J.H.& Co.) probably here in the United States. Even then the painting is not of the quality of the better studios. I'd donate it. You never know what a talented crafter might be able to do with it.
    Don

Any Jewelry likes this.
  3. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

Maybe you can find some more Stouffer to see if it's worth keeping: http://stouffer.crestonhall.com/trademarks.php
    Yes, someone can glue a bow to the chip and display it, but I can't see paying shipping. You guys know what a cynic I am by now....

Grateful likes this.
  4. Grateful

Grateful Well-Known Member

Thanks, I truly appreciate all of your educated opinions. I definitely do not want to burden my husband or daughter with a similar exercise of sorting my families items in the event of my demise (not pending, I don't think.) Even damaged items with a sentimental attachment are one thing to ponder holding on to, but just stuff has to go or they'd be totally overwhelmed.

Draft saved Draft deleted