Featured CHRISTIE'S PART IV of SNUFF BOTTLE SALE!!! 152 to drool over!!

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Aquitaine, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

2. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

I've seen so many copies/knockoffs of those at flea markets over the years that i'm afraid i'd ignore a real one if I were to luck into one.

3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Totally agree, Kronos!!! Was at a town wide end of summer celebration last weekend, and a woman had about 8 in her booth......I hadn't a CLUE!!!!!! Not my area anyway, but also smart enough to not think I could figure it out :joyful::hilarious::joyful::hilarious:

4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It is just like anything else in arts and antiques, a lot of research, be prepared to make a mistake every now and then, and make sure you don't pay to much, mistake or otherwise.
    My collection consists mostly of carved gemstone bottles, which have value as a carved gemstone anyway.
    Most snuff bottles I've seen on antiquers over the years are recent. People just buy them because they are pretty, and that's fine.
    Recent is not necessarily bad, it is still a recognized art form(s), and some contemporary bottles are highly collectible. New or old, buy quality.

anundverkaufen likes this.
  5. James Conrad

James Conrad Well-Known Member

Agrees, yes, i have no idea about snuff bottles either but, they are cool as can be, very pretty. I can see why there are many imitations /"fakes" posing as old pieces.

Any Jewelry likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted