Chryso Ceramic?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Lisa, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Lisa

Lisa Active Member

I'm going through selling some of my inherited teacups. I'm not sure about this one and if it's of some value. I'd hate to sell it for a few dollars to later find it was worth more ;-) There is some hand painted numbers on the bottom, some stamps and what looks like a stamp in the underglaze possibly (last picture; looks like a possible crest and the number 523). From my online research possibly the teacup is from the late 1890's or early 1900's and is a Chryso ceramic. But I don't know much about this type of ceramic. Does anyone know anything about it? Thanks for any information.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

good set of photo's , lisa...

Lisa likes this.
  3. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

Lisa and Bakersgma like this.
  4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

What a cool story!

5. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Indeed a wonderful story. It gets better as you scan downward. The pottery company from Greenpoint, Brklyn was an eye opener. I have a piece of it somewhere in this house.
    greg

Draft saved Draft deleted