Circle glass jewelry box

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Scott Eidam, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Scott Eidam

Scott Eidam Well-Known Member

Hello everyone! Looking to find out some info on this glass box? No markings... any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks 5841_compress69.jpg 5844_compress22.jpg 5846_compress47.jpg

kyratango likes this.
  2. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

i need help likes this.
  3. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

The 1960s/70s saw a revival of this filigreed jewelry casket. The bottom on yours looks like the 1960s/70s style.
    Only my opinion - wait for other opinions.

It really is a striking box.

Sandra likes this.
  4. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

I agree the base looks familiar to me for that sort of date.

5. Sandra

Sandra Well-Known Member

I agree with clutteredcloset. There was a full line of these dresser accessories in the 60s-70s. Cologne bottles, dresser trays, jewelry caskets etc. Sometimes were seen with peach tinted glass.

6. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Matson & Stylebuilt were 2 of the major makers of this type of item. They are not always marked & the paper labels are usually long gone. Your is a very unusual shape & collectors like the unusual ones.

Some key words to use, in addition to the above makers, would be ormolu, filigree, jewelry casket & beveled glass.

FYI I have a couple of this type thing listed so you can see what I am talking about.

Sandra likes this.
  7. Scott Eidam

Scott Eidam Well-Known Member

Excellent! Thank you all. Picking season is almost here :) im sure ill have many more unique finds to post in the near future!

Sandra and bercrystal like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted