Featured Clamshell shaped glass vase...Murano?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Ratsy Brown, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Ratsy Brown

Ratsy Brown Well-Known Member

Hello all.

While I have almost total ignorance towards glassware, I found a couple of bits I liked yesterday. One is this green and orange clamshell shaped vase. I have found similar listed as Murano but I can't find any quite the same shape or colour.

7" wide 5" tall

IMG_20180425_104523.jpg IMG_20180425_104528.jpg IMG_20180425_104302.jpg IMG_20180425_105053.jpg IMG_20180425_104536.jpg

pearlsnblume, antidiem and judy like this.
  2. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

Well phooey! Yes, I read your title ". . . glass vase . . . ." but I was hoping against hope that the two cute bunnies were "attached to or inside" the bowl because your first two photos made it look that way (to me at least). ;) :rolleyes: :shame:

3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I too thought the bunny was inside!!!!!

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

me too......bunnies in the glass would have been wild !!!

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  5. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

6. Ratsy Brown

Ratsy Brown Well-Known Member

@yourturntoloveit @komokwa @Aquitaine

If only you could get bunnies in that colour...we do have these pressed glass bunnies I bought for my girlfriend, they make a cute family
    IMG_20180430_201634.jpg

@say_it_slowly I did see a few like that on eBay. Very similar with the double pontil but the edges of mine curl all the way down to the body. Maybe a variation of that design.

Thanks for all your help

7. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Well, @Ratsy Brown, that's an easy task digitally, but I don't think it's going to solve your plight!!!!!:smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin: And didn't know which green!;);) But I really loved your clear ones!!!!!

zDRK Green Bunnies2.jpg zLITE GRN Bunnies2.jpg

Ratsy Brown likes this.
  8. larryE

larryE Active Member

Ratsy Brown likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted