clear crystal sugar bowl with a square pattern and 2 handles without lid

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by rknarr2, Jul 5, 2019.

1. rknarr2

rknarr2 Well-Known Member

clear crystal sugar bowl with a square pattern and 2 handles without lid. dimensions are 3 3/4" top diameter, 3 1/2" bottom diameter, 3 3/4" height. I would like help with company, pattern and era. Thank you for your assistance in this request. Rob
    IMG_9463small.JPG IMG_9465small.JPG IMG_9469small.JPG

2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Hazel Atlas "Colonial Block" sugar missing the lid.
    Depression era
    Fairly common and not high value.

judy likes this.
  3. rknarr2

Thank you. Did Hazel Atlas make a Colonial Block open sugar bowl with no lid?
    I noticed in research ones with lids were 3 1/2" top dia. and the ones with no lid 3 5/8".
    rknarr2

4. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    They were made both ways. The cover was an added expense not utilized much during the depression. I have sold eight times as many without the the lid.
    greg

5. rknarr2

Thank you that is why I saw them both ways on ebay. Rob

Draft saved Draft deleted