Clear Glass Pillow-like Stem Wine Custard Cup? Any hope for an ID?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by moreotherstuff, Mar 13, 2015.

1. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

A long gone, unidentified item… but still on my mind. This was a nicely made piece. Can anyone ID it? The cup was 4 5/8” high, 4 ¼” across at the top rim, 3 3/8” across the foot. I think it was blown glass, not molded. The glass fluoresced a very faint green in UV light.

[​IMG]

KingofThings likes this.
  2. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

It reminds me of Royal Leerdam Baluster which was sold at Colonial Williamsburg. If I remember correctly, Blenko use to make the glassware before Royal Leerdam was given the contract. I have sold several pieces of this glassware & it is highly sought after by collectors.

http://search.replacements.com/texi...=ClientCount-d,PieceOrder-a&mode=&opts=&sr=-1

They are marked only with a sticker so if you do not know the shape you could walk right by them somewhere. Here is a one of a pair of wine goblets I bought for pennies & sold for $135.50 back in 2011. :happy::happy:

[​IMG]

3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

nice find...

4. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

The top rim on mine was ground and polished. The domed foot is hopeful, but I'm not seeing pieces of Leerdam with the baluster quite so exaggerated. I suppose it could be. Good that yours had both stickers. Thanks for the suggestion.

5. Ladybranch

Ladybranch Well-Known Member

Bakersgma likes this.
  6. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

That looks like it's probably the one, not least of all because I'm in Toronto. Who knew there was a pattern named after the city? Good find. Thanks!

Draft saved Draft deleted