clear glasses or tumblers with acid etched grapes and grape vines

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by rknarr2, Feb 16, 2021.

1. rknarr2

rknarr2 Well-Known Member

I have a couple clear glasses or tumblers with acid etched possibly grapes and grape vines. Not sure if they are water or juice glasses. Dimensions are about 2 1/2" top dia. x 2 1/4" bottom dia. x 5 1/4" tall. I would like to request help with identifying the company and pattern of these glasses or tumblers. In the pictures it is showing some of the fruit coming through from the other side, too. There is not anything on the bottom that helps with determining the company either. Thank you. Rob
    IMG_6242small.JPG IMG_6247small.JPG

2. rknarr2

judy and i need help like this.
  3. rknarr2

I think I got the right company but not the right pattern they are not Bubble Foot pattern. I think I am on the right path though with Anchor Hocking.

judy likes this.
  4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Try checking Replacements, maybe?

judy likes this.
  5. rknarr2

I will do that. Thank you. Rob

judy and i need help like this.
  6. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Not acid etched - wheel cut.

DizzyDaff and Darkwing Manor like this.
  7. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

And the cuts were left unpolished, that’s why they’re frosted :)

judy, pearlsnblume and Darkwing Manor like this.
  8. Iowa Jayhawk

Iowa Jayhawk Well-Known Member

Try Standard Glass as well. They have grape patterns too.

DizzyDaff, judy and gregsglass like this.
  9. rknarr2

Thank you. I will add that to my listings

judy likes this.
  10. rknarr2

I looked for Standard Glass as well as Anchor Hocking and came up empty on replacements.com, ebay and etsy. I did find them on worthpoint and I will ask for $10 when I list them since I am not a member of worthpoint I don t have access to what people made on them. Thank you for the lead. Rob

judy likes this.
  11. rknarr2

I could not find it on replacements, etsy or ebay. Found them on worthpoint and I will just list them for $10 + shipping costs since I do not have access to prices on worthpoint as a nonmember. Thank you. Rob

judy likes this.
  12. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I think it is Standard Glass from the 1930s since there is no "safety rim" on the glasses. I have several vases with that look by Standard.
    greg

DizzyDaff and judy like this.
  13. rknarr2

Thank you. That is the company I am going with and Cut Grape pattern. Rob

14. rknarr2

Hi,
    I know this is an old posting. However, I just got a question on ebay but I do
    not know the answer to and would like to ask for help to that question. The
    question is whether these glasses are Crystal or topaz? Please see initial posting
    for dimensions and the pictures. Thank you for your help in this request. Rob

LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  15. LauraGarnet02

LauraGarnet02 Well-Known Member

Hmm... I wonder what the questioner means by topaz? A hint of yellow or a hint of blue? How many colors of topaz are there?

I would say if your glasses are crystal clear with no hint of another color in the glass you could safely say they are crystal.

But maybe you should ask the eBay person to clarify their question, LOL.

judy and pearlsnblume like this.
  16. rknarr2

Thank you for the help. rknarr2

judy likes this.
  17. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

I am going to agree with @LauraGarnet02 - I think the potential buyer is asking if they are CLEAR or if they have a YELLOW/AMBER tinge to them.

"Topaz" has long been used by some glass companies as a color name for either yellow or amber glass items. Perhaps the photos in your listings have a bit of a yellowish look tot hem.

My reply to the question would be either, "They are CLEAR," or something like, "They are amber," OR, "They have a yellow tint to them."

Draft saved Draft deleted